Hudson’s Surfside Flea Market – Rates & Rules
Space Size 10 x 10 With One Table
Space Under Roof Outside Spaces
Daily Rates Daily Rates
Tuesday – Sunday $17.00 per day Tuesday – Sunday $15.00 per day
Monthly Rate in Season $160 Monthly Rate in Season $140
(Nov-Feb) $106 (Nov-Feb) $93
Electricity $1.50 Per Day
Rules and Regulations
- Due to Horry County Ordinance NO one will be allowed to stay over night at the flea market.
- NO SPACE will be guaranteed unless it is rented for a minimum of FOUR MONTHS June-September or a combination of such.
- PROOF of a Horry County Business License and SC Tax I.D. required.
- 24 HOURS NOTICE ON CANCELLATIONS FOR REFUND.
- NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES MAY BE LEFT AT YOUR SPACE OVERNIGHT. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Reservations made on FRIDAY 14 WORKING DAYS in advance. All Reservations MUST BE PAID within 4 days from reservation date. 7:30 A.M. Friday
The following rules and regulations are not intended to place a hardship on anyone, but are necessary only for orderly operation of our (yours and ours) Market. They are not written in stone and may be changed from time to time if necessary. Our dealers and their concerns are our concerns. It is our desire to maintain this business with respect, honesty and fairness. WE must have rules to go by to remind us of our responsibility to each individual dealer. Our business is your business. PLEASE bring to the attention of the Market Manager any undesirable situation. We appreciate your care of market tables, buildings and facilities. Please help us in their upkeep by using with care and reporting any abuse to the office.
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. RESERVATIONS: One day or two day reservations must be paid in advance. All monthly reservations must be paid on or before the 1st of the month. All monies must be paid in the office and not on the Market grounds. If rental space is not occupied by 9:00 AM and you have not notified the office of your intent then we assume that you do not intend to use your space and it will be re-rented.
2. To maintain a “Permanent Space” would be agreeing to guarantee the Market payment of space for every business day of each month. We will credit you ½ of that day’s rent if we re-rent your space, if we receive notice no later than 7:00 AM of that business day. We do reserve the right to rent any vacant table at 9:00 AM.
3. The Market cannot be liable for damage or theft of merchandise or personal injury.
4. The Market cannot cash checks or provide change.
5. Electric outlets are provided for your convenience in testing merchandise. Because of the high cost of energy it is necessary for us to charge the dealer who uses extra electric according to individual dealer usage. This includes special lighting, Press Machines, fans, hot plates, electric heaters, etc. It is your responsibility to have your electric requirements recorded in the office.
6. There are legal regulations regarding certain merchandise such as fire arms, registered trade mark items, etc. We will not knowingly allow fraudulent merchandise to be sold at the Market. We reserve the right to inspect all merchandise.
7. No vehicles, trailers, etc. are to be left at the Market without permission from the Market Manager.
8. PLEASE PLACE ALL GARBAGE IN PROPER CONTAINERS. Leave no garbage at your space. Garbage cans in aisleways are for the convenience of your customers. Put your garbage in dumpsters or take it home. All boxes must be broken down before placing in dumpsters.
9. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dealer.
10. Anything left on a space which has been paid for in advance will be deemed abandoned and disposed of without liability on the part of the Market.
11. We must request that any sound emitting from any type of amplification equipment be kept to an acceptable level.
12. Seller must clean up their spaces. Those who refuse will be charged a clean up fee of $10.00 or they will not be allowed to sell again.
13. There will positively be no selling in the walkways. All sellers must be behind the line, and all merchandise must be under the shed.
14. No alterations of any kind can be made to this structure- electric or wooden.
15. Rudeness to customers will not be tolerated- complaints on exchanges or refunds regarding merchandise or failure to comply with the above rules will result in Permanent Removal from The Flea Market.
16. Subletting or loaning your space is prohibited.
17. VENDORS DO’S AND DON’TS:
1) Conduct yourself in a proper manner at all times.
2) Collect Sales tax on all sales.
3) Keep children at your rented space at all times.
4) Don’t hang anything between spaces that will be offensive to your neighbor or block the view of his merchandise.
5) Remember “We Make Mistakes” before saying too much.
6) Don’t use abusive language or actions at any time.
7) Don’t bring pets when you come to sell- they are NOT ALLOWED.
18. OPEN 12 MONTHS – 7 DAYS A WEEK DURING THE SEASON.
Thank you for choosing our Market
Joe Hudson, President